Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Wednesday Freewrite

Fifteen minutes and counting.

I loved my first day back at work. I have a full class at 10 am, and my advanced class is a little over half full (not unusual for Pilates II since I switched to Tuesdays and lost all my returners to graduation). They seem positive and energetic, and I was born to teach. :) 

I also just love my coworkers. They are all just great people, every last one of them. 

I am also so proud of Paul for landing this job. He went to orientation Monday/Tuesday and starts his on the job training tonight. Now, praying for Michael to get a job. I would love it to be in Corvallis, but I think he really likes Salem.

I am off to Boise for four days. I have just six more days of training with six travel days. I am all finished with my readings, contemplative reflections, dialogues, and spiritual direction hours (I have two to three times the required hours already, and it is only January). So, just three training/supervision meetings where I get to be around my cohort for two days and Debbie for four. The only hassle is the travel, and George cannot take me this time. So I am going to have Tim or Barbie take me to the airport. 

I had an hour talk with one of my mentors, Carol, who lives in Liberia now, and she prayed through some things with me. She was so affirming, so caring. She asked me, "What is the truth? Who does God say that you are?" I know who He says I am. I just want to be open to feedback, but she was very flat out rejecting of the feedback I got. "That is not the person that I know and have known for many years." I think I have known her for almost 20 years! WOW! Whenever it was Michelle B. went to her and told me about her. What a blessing she is to me. Yes, I think it was the year 2000. It was when we had our Precept training at the church. 

I am seeing someone for direction in about two hours. I am averaging 1-2 a week. I had one on Monday and now today. That reminds me, Kim texted me. I must respond when I am done with this freewrite. 

I have three minutes. I think I have had nothing but peace since my talk with Carol 24 hours ago. So, I think I can say this time it took me 15 days to recover from this latest round of stuff I had to work through. 

So, that is a bit above the last time that was 12 days in October 2019. 
Prior to that, I cannot remember when was the last time, maybe August 2016?  It was just that difficult person in my Pilates class (not OSU) in the summer/fall of 2019, and that was handled so well! Prior to that, it was that guy that I did the transition with at OSU, and that worked out so well too!  

I am doing so much better! YAY to freedom. Now back to work. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...