Wednesday, January 01, 2020

The FBI Story


James Stewart and Murray Hamilton in The FBI Story (1959) 

I have decided to devote this year to movie reviews! 

Jimmy Stewart is my favorite all-time actor, and this is a great story. He is such a HERO in this movie, just like George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life. Actually, his character in this movie is very similar to George Bailey!

I loved it. It also has a section dedicated to the Osage murders in Oklahoma which is the subject of the book Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and Birth of the FBI that I read last year for my book club.  

I loved the movie, but that is because I love everything that Jimmy Stewart does and his family was friends with my family in Indiana, Pennsylvania. 

The movie starts out with the main character narrating:

John Michael Hardesty [Opening narration]  Webster's International Dictionary defines murder as the unlawful taking of human life by another human being. On a November evening in 1955 the definition became obsolete. A mass murder was being planned.
It is not the best Jimmy Stewart movie, but it is a nice one. 



No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...