Friday, January 17, 2020

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Some ask about my Freewrites. These were introduced to me by my dear friend, Julie Sweeney Bogart, owner/creator of Bravewriter. I did this with my kids when they were growing up, and now I do it for myself (and my youngest still does it regularly). It involves writing for a set amount of time whatever is on your mind. There is no need for corrections. (I do sometimes because I have Grammarly.)

I woke up at 3:40am. I didn't get up until 4:24. I had a smashing time with God this morning. I am doing the Spiritual Exercises using the manual I wrote, and today was looking at verses that tell me about my belovedness. Ahhhhhh. God is so good to remind of that after my more recent evisceration. (Isn't evisceration a cool word?)

I meditated deeply in my birthday psalm: Psalm 27. YUM! So good. He reminded me of all the promises he has given me, and I happen to go back in my old Bible, and I had claimed the same ones when I was eviscerated way back when when I made a final decision to walk away from crazymakers for good. Since then, I have had such peace! So it is good to be reminded that sometimes, you just cannot walk away, but you can fall into God's word and find comfort and guidance! 

After this, I went and cleaned up the Study Sheet I wrote for the Type 5 panel discussion on April 27. Yes, I know, I am way far ahead, but I was so motivated to learn all I could about the Type 5 because one of my favorite people in the WHOLE WORLD is a Type 5, and it has brought us so much closer together and helped me to understand how I can support and encourage him in his growth. That Type 5 is none other than the incredibly wonderful Weaver son, Paul! WOOHOO! 

Then I went for a walk and listened to Pray as You Go. It was on the paralytic brought to Jesus. Some people just need healing. And that is what I am praying for in my most recent encounter with a person who is not well. It helps me have compassion and love! 

Good to get my walk in before the rain comes in about 30 minutes.

Then I got a nice text from my buddy Nan, and we set up a lunch date. Then George wrote to say he has a special appointment that I can pray for. WILL DO!

Now, I am eating breakfast (ham and cheese on sourdough) and will meet with Manar in three hours. So I could start working on my Type 8 study sheet! LOL! 

Tomorrow, I have spiritual direction at 7am by Skype. Then we will go up to McMinnville for Bill M's funeral and go out to Nick's for a date. Sunday is meeting with a couple who wants some counsel.

Classes are going so great. My Pilates I is really fun, and they laugh a lot. I want to make the class a safe and fun place for them every Tuesday and Thursday. Pilates II is much more serious, but they are the advanced people there to get a good workout. I will deliver! 

I have 1:20 left on the timer. Oh, I have to respond to another person about the Spiritual Exercises. I need wisdom about how to respond. It is spiritual direction by email/Marco Polo which is sort of weird because I like interaction. But it has been done in the past. So I am going for it. 




No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...