Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tuesday Freewrite - Matthew 3:31-35

I will freewrite as I listen to the Pray as You Go reading for today.

Matthew 3:31-35 

"Find Rest" by Salt of the Sound

Find peace in hope and don't let go. Find rest my soul. 

Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.

Why were they trying to speak to him? Imagine yourself as one of the crowd. What does it feel like? Well, why isn't he acknowledging his family? 

How do you feel as one of his family? Perplexed. Why wouldn't he acknowledge us? We are a family. 

Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.

That is the key phrase for me. I have done a lot of contemplating about what family really is. Cammie called is "soul family." We have such a rich "soul family," and we are loved and cherished by them. They are a bunch that seeks God with their whole heart. I feel so blessed to have a family like this. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...