Thursday, January 02, 2020

Thoroughly Modern Millie




When I saw part of The Sound of Music (in my top 5 movies)  on TV over Christmas, I went on a binge-watch of every documentary made about the movie (there was one from Great Britain that was fascinating) and a multitude of documentaries about and interviews with Julie Andrews. 

So I decided to get a couple of her movies at the library. OH MY! SO FUN! I have a vague memory of seeing this back in 1967 too. I would have been eight years old. How can you go wrong with Julie Andrews, Mary Tyler Moore, and Carol Channing? The first dance in the elevator with Mary TM and Julie is amazing. The "Tapioca" is a thrill! Such fun. 

Two thumbs up! Julie was my favorite actress growing up. My best friend, Tara Rozelle (RIP), and I would pretend we were characters in movies. Often, I was Mary Poppins or Maria Von Trapp (and I ended up marrying a Georg, just like Maria). We would dance around singing the songs at the top of my lungs. Sweet memories. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...