Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Tuesday Evening Examen

I pray Lord for Light upon my day.

Two to three things I am grateful for:
1) Healed leg - how wonderful to ride my bike in the rain and through the cathedral of trees. With the rain and sunshine, there was a rainbow. My leg had some trouble during weight lifting class. I still cannot do lunges, but I am so grateful that I can do almost everything.
2) Healed heart - Sticking Sister Joan. It did stick. I am healed. I am not eviscerated. God used the hurt heart to take me to deeper places.
3) Face to Face with Nancy - To say I have true and deep friends would be an understatement. I loved my Pastini's lunch with Nan. 

Morning - Calm. Dwelling in my belovedness as I meditated through more verses. Examen prayer to review the good day to the Abbey and Sister Joan. 

Late Morning - The bike ride through my cathedral. It is OK to take that longer route because it is part of nourishing my soul. Classes with bands. I love my students. They seem eager and receptive. What more could I ask for?

Noon - Back to the weight lifting class. They wondered about the broken leg. The women that were cliche and post-bac are gone to other jobs. It is a more permanent and fun crowd. Nikki teased me, but I did not mind. I am still having to do alternatives to some exercises though. It will take time to totally heal.

Afternoon - Riding my bike to Pastini's for a 2 1/2 hour lunch with one of my dearest ones, Nancy. YUMMY food and even yummier company. I love talking about soul things.

Evening - Shower and lunch. Some more Spiritual Exercises. I talked with George. I will probably have an early night tonight. I am tired from all the activity.

Regret - None
Meaningful - Time with Nan. So nourishing to my soul.

Lord, thank you for this wonderful day. 

Life-Giving
Teaching, face to face time, and riding my bike in the rain with a rainbow. 

Deadening 
Nothing that I can think of. It was a good day.

Now I am going to press the button and more to the next thing!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...