Saturday, January 25, 2020

Saturday Freewrite

Yesterday was grand. I realized I did not have a lot of things on my plate. After a wonderful time meditating in my belovedness in Ephesians 2:4-10 and presenting my "paralytic" person before Jesus (application from our DBS the night before), I had a Skype time with Elizabeth for 1 1/2 hours. She is doing well. Nice things are happening in her ministry, and she has Ann to partner with. She is a happy camper, and that makes me happy. She invited me to raft the Colorado River this summer, and I just might do that! One fun is that she had just done Ignatian Contemplation on the paralytic just like our Missional Community had the night before!

Then, I went for a nice walk and listened to A Gentleman in Moscow. It is slow-going, but I am enjoying it. The sun was even peeking out from behind the clouds. 

After this, I worked on my Type 8 Study Sheet. I know I am not meeting with Jules until March 10th to discuss this Study Sheet, but I have some time right now. So, I am just going for it because I want to learn all that I can about this Type. 

Kim and I had a lovely spiritual direction time, and then I worked some more on the sheet and took another walk and listen to my book. 

After this, I watched a bit of news (Jim Lehrer of the Newshour died - sniff, sniff). Then Michael came home. I had thought earlier in the day that I should make him a Dutch Baby because it was his 28th Birthday, and he came up and asked for that for his birthday dinner. So, I made it, George came home, and we all sat down to a candlelight dinner. 

Then, I watched a 20/20 show and went to sleep. 


It was a good day. I felt like time with God in Ephesians, SD with Elizabeth and Kim, and time at the dinner table with family were the most life-giving things of the day. I think also doing the Type 8 Study Sheet was very good. I also liked walking in the sunshine. I love sunshine, I really and truly do, and I am ready for it with all the gray days we have been having.

I cannot think of anything that was deadening other than hearing people talk about the impeachment. Since everyone knows what the outcome is, do we really have to listen to all of this? Just vote and go on and solve some of the country's problems like homelessness and health care. 

Kim also gave me a bit of insight into the interaction that I had last Saturday after the memorial service. Oh, how I wish I would have just not talked to that person. It was the weirdest interaction, and I think I need to not always move toward people that I don't know that well. 

I have five more minutes on the timer, but I am tired of typing. I am going to go and listen to my book. :) 

I looked at the time, and I had only three minutes before 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...