Sunday, December 01, 2019

Sunday Sixteen Freewrite

I am loving doing the Exercises again. I am doing an abbreviated form as I have been down the road two times before. Oh, how I long to do the 30-day retreat, but there is one in California that is VERY expensive, and there is one in Colorado that is reasonable, but I cannot be away from George and the guys that long. Just not ready for a 30 break from them. 

They really are the greatest. We went and got our tree yesterday. It was a simple act. It was year 21 of going to his tree farm, and they still enjoy it. 

Yesterday, George wanted to go to see the Mister Rogers movie with Tom Hanks while the guys went and saw Frozen II, but I just was a little low-ebb. I think running of our D3 and not having it for over a week finally caught up with me. George went and got more because he was out also, and we watched The Green Book because I had gotten it from Netflix DVD. I get this free whenever The Crown has a new season. The DVD portion used to have DVDs I could not get at the library, and I had a list, but they didn't have them. I think they have really curtailed their inventory. So the more artsy films that I like are not available. So, I think it will be paying for them to own or sometimes they are on Amazon for a per movie price rental, but that would still be cheaper than a monthly subscription to Netflix that I have never felt the need to get since we have so much available to us through the library. We pay a yearly fee through our property tax, and that is our movie subscription fee right there. 

We did watch a really cheesy Christmas Netflix original. I see that they are trying to cash in on the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies that are so hugely popular. Frankly, I watched maybe two last year and had to stop. I know people really like those, but TOO CHEESY for me!

In the Exercises, I have been reviewing those basic sin patterns that have been identified over the last couple of years, and I have seen growth. I could rejoice in God's merciful love on that score. It has been a phenomenal two years. While dropping out of the Renovare Institute was necessary (had a lot of memories attached to that experience recently, and I am thankful I could work through it), it did lead me to the Exercises. Now I am on to Christ the King exercises and then I can begin the Advent ones. TODAY starts the beginning of the new Christian Year that starts with Advent. So HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

This week, I am going to meet with Brittany and maybe Nancy and Rebekah and Elizabeth. I have not heard a thing from Elizabeth, but she said this week was better than last week. She is hard to pin down lately. I hope she is doing well. Anywho, I hope to have maybe a meal with Nancy this week, but she might go to Bend with Kevin.

Praying the boys find they have jobs soon. Paul is waiting for two and has one more interview on Thursday. Michael, I need to check on. I love them both so much. Praying people to see what gems of employees they will be. 

Praying at church today for the early service. So I need to get ready. 

Goals for the Week:

Finish Dear Bob and Sue - I like it, but I am getting a bit tired of their putting each other down so much and sarcasm toward other people. 

Salt Houses - This book has great potential about a Palestinian family

Enneagram - Type 5 and 8 work. If no one takes up my slots for meeting tomorrow, that is what I will do all day. I would love to finish it this December rather than wait for when they are due in April. 

Finish work on the house - more drawers and closets. 

Reconnect with Marty about Marge. I did not hear back from her.

Reconnect with Amy - 8:30 is not a good time for me. I would like my spiritual direction to be during the day. I was out like a light at 9 pm last night. I just do not do well with late-night appointments. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...