Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Wednesday Freewrite

Well, here I go again. I have been reading non-stop for the past two hours, and I am ready for a break! I am furiously finishing up the book I am leading for the Renovare Book Club at 1:45pm. I am glad I will finish on time. I did not go to the DMM gathering at 9 am yesterday because of it. I am glad I did not go because my spiritual direction time ended up happening for the whole afternoon! It was great though. This is what I am called to do.

All that said, the person left at 5:30, and I ate my dinner and watched some news and a documentary on Garth Brooks, and I could not keep my eyes open past 9:00! What is wrong with me? I have totally adjusted to the nine-hour time change, but I am still not able to stay up late, even with black tea at 2:30 pm! Oh well. 

It has made for some lovely mornings. :) I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 3 am, lit my candle, turned on the Christmas tree lights, and had a great time in Genesis 1-3 (Adam and Eve), Genesis 6-9 (Noah), and Genesis 12 and 15 (Abraham). I just let my Discover App read it all to me, and I sat and prayed as I listened. I love Advent and the fact that I wrote the Exercises to line up with the readings in that App and the Jesse Tree. 

After this, I went to work finishing up this book. It is called Fearfully and Wonderful Made: The Marvel of Bearing God's Image, and I find it fascinating. I think it might be overwhelming for people with no background in understanding the human body. Since I was a nutrition undergrad and a Certified Personal Trainer, the parts about the body are all review, and I am amazed at how much I remember! I love the author's character, marriage, compassion, etc. I love the analogies with the body of Christ. It is a book I probably would have never picked up, but that is what I love about the Renovare Book Club, I think this is my fourth year doing it, and there have only been a couple books that I did not like.

I think it is taking me so long to get through this book because 1) I have my old glasses because George lost my new ones in Foster Lake right before I broke my leg, and 2) I am going through the Study Guide as I read and taking notes for when I lead the discussion at 1:45pm today. I really LOVE this group of women. I have this deep need to go deep spiritually with people. They are those kinds of ladies! 

I also have a class with Russ Hudson from 12-1:30 today. So I must do all my preparation this morning. I hope to get in a walk today also. I will listen to the biography by Michelle Obama called Becoming. I am just at the part where Barack has decided to run for president. So, I am very interested to hear her perspective of things. She narrated the audiobook which I think is really a plus for keeping me engaged. By the way, there was a six-month wait for the digital audiobook with my library through Overdrive Library 2 Go and a 23-week wait through the Hillsboro Library, BUT I could borrow it immediately from the CloudLibrary! Go figure. I think a lot of people have not clued into the Cloud Library yet. It was like that for Overdrive for me. I was definitely an early adopter of this many years ago, but now it seems like everyone knows. Thus why there is such a long wait for books these days. 

Timer done. Back to reading. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...