Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thursday Thirteen Freewrite

The Well Update Via FACED

Several years ago, I started a FACED accountability group after having followed this for myself for years.

The letters stand for:

FOOD - reporting goals and intake


ACADEMICS or ATTITUDE - I like to keep growing in my love of literature, art, music, etc. Others report their attitude for the day.

COMMUNION with God and people - the center of it all!

EXERCISE 

DAILY CARE OF FAMILY AND SELF - goals for your household and personal care


Here is what I just wrote in my FACED Evaluation for the week reporting December 20 – 27, 2012:

FOOD AND EXERCISE


I have a BodyBugg. So, the calories burned is over 90% accurate based on medical studies. ALL "estimations" are too high, even for me, and my height should give a higher estimation of calorie burn, and all the estimations are WAY higher than what actually happens in your body. The BodyBugg is the only way to go for accuracy!!! It is also really helpful to see how just MOVING can burn more calories than going to a gym for a couple of hours a day.

BURNED: 2789 average per day
CONSUMED: 1689 average per day (based on my weight loss last week)
BALANCE: 1100 average deficit per day (2.2 pounds weight loss)

My food log was only 57 calories per day under-reported. 

Information on underreporting:

 The degree of underreporting can be quite severe.   One study comparing obese twins to their non-obese twin counterparts indicated underreporting of 764 calories per day.  Another study found certain individuals to be underreporting their food intake by over 2000 calories per day. (http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=379)


NUTRITION EVALUATION:

My fiber, calcium, and cholesterol intake were all GREAT!  My saturated fat was a bit high.

Goals for December 27, 2012 – January 3, 2013

FOOD
Reduce saturated fat to 20 g per day. I was 24g this last measurement period, but probably to be expected with holiday treats, and the ice cream I ate three times last week. Calorie deficit goal is 800, and I was 1100 last measurement period. YAY!

ACADEMICS (Well-Educated Mind)
Read the books I mentioned above and continue to participate in “52 Books in 52 Weeks” reading challenge.  Read Pensees by Blaise Pascal from Invitation to the Classics (hard for me to follow!)

COMMUNION (Well-Water Soul and Well-Adjusted Heart)
Continue God is in the Manger devotionals until Epiphany. Romans 16, Acts 8 & 13 (Because of my weight loss, I have earned the “right to write” these posts next week!) Prayer walks. Unreached people prayer daily (not as good about this during the Christmas season).

EXERCISE (Well-Tuned Strength)
My main goal is to move more overall – do you know my HIGHEST day of calorie burning was a day I did NO EXERCISE but just worked around the house all day?
Weight training: 2-3x during the week including 1 FIRM video or DVD, 1 FB30X at SNAP (upper torso emphasis), +  1 possible SNAP Circuit if I am feeling good
Back exercises – 10 minutes in morning and 5 minutes at night daily
Pilates – 1x on a cardio day at SNAP
Cardio – 6x variety of walk, bike, hike, and elliptical depending on weather conditions, walk or ride on errands as much as weather permits.
GOAL: Break my three month record of not seeing my chiropractor! Last time was December

DAILY CARE (Well-Adjusted Heart) 
George and I are not spending money on dates so that we can start saving for our 25th anniversary trip in 2015. J  We will hike and walk and watch library DVD (ours has an amazing selection and they usually get whatever I ask for because they like me J)

Organize one closet – I can consistently BEND now! So, I am going through one a week after three years of not being able to do that!!!








No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...