Tuesday, December 18, 2012

52 in 52 Week 51: The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck

Continuing on my quest to get through Christmas books given to me over the years, I give you The Christmas Sweater. It was OK. There are a few twists and turns, and it is semi-autobiographical. It could have used some editing in some places and some expansion in others. There was so much time setting up the story prior to the climax that the ending seemed really rushed. Then, there wasn't enough development of some of the characters. I am not sure I liked it. It was just OK. I know it was just OK because I read two Lucy Maud Montgomery Christmas short stories immediately following, and I was delighted. It isn't a bad book though. Just not up there with books of really, really good authors.  Sandwiched between Dickens and Montgomery, Beck did not have a prayer. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...