Sunday, December 16, 2012

52 in 52 Week 51: A Christmas Carol

I could have sworn I already wrote a review of this, but I cannot find it in my list of posts. 

Remember last week when I talked about the tradition of telling "ghost" stories on Christmas Eve during the Victorian Era? This is the quintessential ghost story, and I had to redeem my respect for Dickens after reading his short stories that I reviewed last week. 

This book does not disappoint. I read it once for my book club and once to my children as a read aloud, but that was probably more than ten years ago. I had never listened to it, and this NAXOS audio version has the best narrator AND classical music in the transitions. It is a TREAT! I checked it out on my Library2Go.com account. THE BEST!

My respect (and love) for Dickens has been restored. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...