Sunday, November 18, 2012

52 in 52 Week 47: Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear

This was a read for a new book club that I just joined. It is a simple and easy book, and the writing is pretty good. I loved the back story centered around England leading up to and through World World War I better than the actual mystery. The mystery wasn't that clever and pretty predictable, but I suppose it was hard to get through Maisie's back story and a current mystery in one book. 

It is interesting to note that I had started The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowlings before Maisie Dobbs, but I had to put it down because it was TOO CRUDE! I thought the writing was better in Maisie Dobbs too! 

1 comment:

Robin M said...

One of these days I'll read Maisie Dobbs. I have a couple other books of hers in the TBR pile. Will have to move them up the line.

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...