Sunday, November 18, 2012

52 in 52 Week 47: Argo by Antonio Mendez

I love it when a book gives you a personal story within a major event in history. This is the story of the "exfiltration" of six Americans who escaped before the take over of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, Iran in 1979. They found refuge in the Canadian Embassy, and Mendez concocts a scheme to get them out of the country by having them pose as a film crew for a science fiction movie called Argo.

I had seen the movie by Ben Affleck, and this book gave me the background. Some reviewers have not liked all the detail, but I LOVED all the background and history that the movie cannot give you. And, of course, the Hollywood version adds more suspense and drama than actually happened, but that is OK with me (It is a great movie)! 

I highly recommend this book even though it does have some bad language. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...