Friday, February 14, 2014

2 Timothy 1:3 - Praying Night and Day

HIS WORDS


I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day . . . (NASB95)

MY WORDS

I thank God, whom I serve free of guilt because I continue in the faith of my ancestors (because Jesus was always in the plan), as I remember you all the time in my prayers. 

MY STUDY
Sitting chained in a Roman prison there was little else Paul could do but pray; and Timothy, perhaps Paul’s closest companion, ministering to the church that Paul probably knew best, was no doubt the single most common object of his petitions.
Litfin, A. D. (1985). 2 Timothy. In J. F. Walvoord & R. B. Zuck (Eds.), The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures (J. F. Walvoord & R. B. Zuck, Ed.) (2 Ti 1:3). Wheaton, IL: Victor Books.
I WILL

Since I have a low-key day today, I will continue to pray faithfully for past women I have discipled as You bring them to mind. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...