Thursday, February 13, 2014

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 - Prayer Count

HIS WORDS


To this end also we pray for you always, that our God will count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus will be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. (NASB95)

With this in view we constantly pray for you, that our God may deem and count you worthy of [your] calling and [His] every gracious purpose of goodness, and with power may complete in [your] every particular work of faith (faith which is that leaning of the whole human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness). Thus may the name of our Lord Jesus Christ be glorified and become more glorious through and in you, and may you [also be glorified] in Him according to the grace (favor and blessing) of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). (Amplified)

Because we know that this extraordinary day is just ahead, we pray for you all the time—pray that our God will make you fit for what he’s called you to be, pray that he’ll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something. If your life honors the name of Jesus, he will honor you. Grace is behind and through all of this, our God giving himself freely, the Master, Jesus Christ, giving himself freely. (The Message)

MY WORDS


With the return of our Lord in plain sight, I pray for you all the time, that God would make you worthy of your calling into the Kingdom of God and all the purposes for goodness that He has placed in your heart. He will give you power like dynamite to do anything that is according to His purposes. I pray He completes every single undertaking in which you put your absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness. If you do this, the name of our Master, Jesus the Messiah will be glorified in you and you in Him because of the unmerited love, favor, and blessing of our God and our Master, Jesus the Messiah! 


I WILL

Pray these verses for my team (sent them an email), my friends going to Washington, D.C. on a new adventure (sent them an email), and Dan from college (Woke up with him on my heart. Do not know where he is or what he is doing, and I cannot even remember his last name, but he needed prayer this morning, and I prayed this prayer for him).

MY REFLECTION

This verse was so on my heart at the Prayer Summit, but even though I had memorized them years ago, I could not recall them when praying over someone. Thank you Lord for reminding me. (They are the verse I have asked people to pray for me since college.) 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...