Monday, June 17, 2013

37. Watership Down by Richard Adams

I feel like the narrator, Ralph Cosham, and I are old friends, as he has narrated several books I have read. He is an excellent reader, doing all the different voices for the characters in this book.

This is an adventure novel. Some people think it is allegorical, but the author emphasizes that it is not a statement about anything other than a story he made for his children while traveling. He is obviously a well-read person who weaves in great quotes from literature into the beginning of each chapter. Loved that the last one had a Jane Austen quote!

We have a population explosion of rabbits in my neighborhood this spring. They are everywhere in our yard. I will never look at rabbits the same way again! 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday

I know I put this quote at the beginning of my last Freewrite, but I put it in "Quote Fancy," and I like this picture that I could...