Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Myers-Briggs Cross Between

Even in my twenties, I only slightly preferred extroversion. I know that research shows that this scale is the one that tends to shift in middle-age, and I find myself in the preserver (even though people who know nothing about Myers-Briggs try to put me in the extrovert category). I still am a cross between the two in many ways. I have put the things that are really me in red.


PRESERVER - ISFJ


Quiet, friendly, responsible and conscientious. Work devoutly to meet their obligations and serve their friends and fellow workers. Thorough, painstaking, accurate. May need time to master technical subjects (just have no interest to but can do it quickly if I have to). Patient with details and routine (not a routine gal but get everything done). Loyal, considerate, concerned with how other people feel. Dedicated and service-oriented. Dependable and orderly. Relate well to individual needs. Traditional and procedural. 

SOCIALIZER - ESFJ


Warm-hearted, talkative, popular, conscientious, born cooperators, active committee members (dislike committees), need harmony and may be good at creating it. Always doing something nice for someone. Work best with encouragement and praise. Little interest in abstract thinking or technical subjects. Main interest is in things that directly and visibly affect people's lives. Sociable and outgoing (I am not afraid to initiate but dislike social stuff). Responsible, attentive and traditional. Loyal and hardworking. Dislike obstructions (true when I was younger but accept them as inevitable now)


I am definitely a cross. Now back to work. :)


"Main interest is in the things that directly and visibly affect people's lives."  That is THE thing that is most like me of all of this. You could write that on my tombstone, but yet I am selective about who I affect. I don't want to affect the multitudes like Donna W., who is a true ESFJ. I prefer quiet, one-on-one influence and, at most, a small group, except when I write the Bible Book Club which is perfect way for me to affect many people's lives without having to deal with lots and lots of people. 


My parents trained me to be sociable and outgoing. I am outgoing to the degree that I LOVE learning about people and who they are, where they have come from, and where they are going.  Therefore, I have learned to be talkative, but I do a lot of listening if people need that, especially in my counseling. I really am a cross between the two, and I am SO WIPED out after all the people contact last weekend where George went to work and is back to normal. I am still struggling to get my equilibrium back. I want to go to my "girl cave" and commune and hear the "sweet whisper" of Jesus for a few days, but I have some people-oriented things to do this week like meeting with Terri, kingdom community, theophostic appointment, and going to see Lorraine and Ginny. I might also meet with the Monmouth gals about starting a HUB community there. So, Sunday will be my day to rest. :)







No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...