Tuesday, April 10, 2012

10 Minuter

I am in the mood for just a 10 minute freewrite. We still haven't decided about what we are going to do about our taxes, whether we will add more to our IRA and reduce our tax bill or just pay our taxes outright. Decisions. Not sure why OSU didn't withhold more because our AGI was about the same this year as last year, but they withheld much less than what the USDA held in his check. I must decide by the end of today though because I have too much going on tomorrow to worry about it. 


Jamie and Donna are coming on Sunday, and I am very excited about this. I want to keep the group to our Kingdom Community though so they have time to ask questions and really talk. The number we had when Bob came was perfect. So, we will hopefully have that number.


Today, I really am going to meditate deeply in Hosea. I started it yesterday. It is sort of a sad book when you think about Gomer's unfaithfulness and Israel's too. It has some of the most beautiful passages in it though. One of which was in my wedding:



"“I will betroth you to Me forever; 
Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and in justice, 
In lovingkindness and in compassion, 
And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. 
Then you will know the Lord." (Hosea 2:19-20, NASB95) 
It is a beautiful book. 


Steppenwolf, on the other hand, is not a beautiful book. There is such darkness and weirdness to it. I am almost done with it, and I am pretty glad about that! The Bluest Eyes isn't much better. It is getting pretty sad. I don't know where the story is going because I refuse to read a synopsis, but it is pretty sad. I can tell. I read The Song of Solomon by Morrison, and I remember liking that, but I remember it was sad. It was so long ago, I can't remember what it was, but I think there was violence in it. 


Nearing Home has been sweet. Billy Graham is still with us, but we lost Mike Wallace, who was also born in 1918, along with my dear old dad who died far too soon. The anniversary of his passing, May 2, is coming up. Heba is doing her dissertation defense that day, and that should keep my mind off of it. It used to really affect me. Now, it just gives me a sweet reminder of how blessed I was. That generation rocked! 


Well, ten minutes is quick. Pressing. NOW! 




No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...