Saturday, July 06, 2013

Saturday Morning Moment

I am sitting upon my ball in my dining room typing for the Bible Book Club. I look out on the beginnings of a gorgeous Saturday in my backyard. I love these quiet moments before the background noise of boys (young and old) that murmurs low but usually present. I have this moment right now where I know You are here. You smile.

I cannot help but smile back with the inexpressible joy that comes from being in Your presence (Psalm 16:11 comes to mind). Meditating on Psalm 24 does so send me into orbs. Listening to Handel's rendition sends me further beyond. There is a life in the Spirit that is unexplainable, and so beyond all earthly joy. You cannot bottle it or bring it to someone to savor for they must go to that place all on their own, in the way that You deem it to be so. Yet, will they go there? Are they willing? "Is the reason we're not still to hear You speak because we don't believe you will?" (Michael Card "In Stillness and Simplicity")


I am concerned but am powerless to make it happen for anyone but myself. Yet, I have those in my inner sphere who have tasted that heavenly gift. I want more to come to that deep place, but must only lead by example. 


Well, I must leave now, but will walk to Book Club with Psalm 24 in mind:


Psalm 24:7-10

Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is the King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is the King of glory? The Lord of Hosts, He is the King of Glory.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...