Thursday, December 05, 2019

Thursday Freewrite

YAY! I finally stayed up late enough to not wake up at 3am! I slept until 5:30 or so! My normal time is more at 5am. So that is very good. I fell asleep at around 7:30p last night but rallied my body and forced it to wake up at 8:45. Then I stayed up until 11:30! 

I just finished the book Becoming by Michelle Obama and am not sure which one I will start next. I might just finish Salt Houses on the Kindle. 

Yesterday ended up being a full day. I spent the morning with God, finishing up Fearfully and Wonderfully Made, preparing to lead the discussion on it. Then I had my Enneagram of the Higher Mind class with Russ Hudson. He is just so good, by the way. I know I did something else yesterday morning, but I cannot . . . oh yes, I remember, I had a spiritual direction time with Fran! It was SO good. I just love her. She is so affirming and good to talk to. I debriefed with her about our 30th wedding anniversary trip. What she told me going into that was so helpful. She asked me how I feel during my spiritual direction times and what God was teaching me through my week of meditating on "The Call of the King" in the Spiritual Exercises.  She also asked me what I sense God is telling me about my future from "The Call of the King" week. I think I would love to do these Exercises in a podcast form for the millennial generation. 

I think that it would be really good for me to have ongoing supervision as I continue to do spiritual direction.

I also encouraged and prayed for Paul as he went out the door for yet another interview. He said it went well. It was at the Albany Hospital.  

As soon as Russ was done with his class, all the ladies showed up for our two-hour spiritual formation discussion about the book. I really, really like these women. I think everyone got very meaningful things out of the book. I wish I could take these women through the Exercises. They would be a perfect group for it. I will just pray that it happens. 

They were here until about 4pm. Then I raced to Calvary to pick up halal chicken from Reuben. YAY! I am going to split it with Sandy, but we will definitely use it over the holidays for our guests. 

After this, I listened to my book more and decompressed. I felt like it was a busy day. I don't know what I am going to do when I add my job back in. I have gotten so used to this pace. I loved the slowed-down pace of my life since my leg break.

Today, I think I will NOT go to Sandy's gathering. I really hope to get back to doing my Enneagram studies. I have not put any time in the last three weeks (after a ton of time to get ready for my submission because I would be absent for our last fall meeting before the break). I would really like to get my information sheets for Type 8 and 5 farther along. I don't think I will coordinate with the ladies since I do not live up there and could not meet. Plus, one of the ladies is really, really dominant, and I think we would not be a good match. Maybe I am wrong, but I really want to make these information sheets like handouts that I can use with people I do spiritual direction with.

I also really need to get a walk in and do a round of Pilates. I am going to be teaching in about a month, and I am not in teaching four classes a week shape yet! 

The timer is going in ten! BYE!

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...