Friday Freewrite Fifteen
I think I will have an Examen time of yesterday.
Light - I ask you, God, to shed light on yesterday to see it through your eyes.
Gratitude - Recalling two to three things I am grateful for:
- Our Missional Community - We shared life-giving things from the week, and I was SO encouraged by it. God is on the move.
- Two walks in the sunshine.
- Daily time in your word and prayer through the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola.
Wrote reviews for two books.
Walked and listened to a book (I cannot remember which one)
- Strongest feeling of consolation: Missional community stories about where people saw God, especially Jamie's story about a person she helped listen to God and Micah's story about a miraculous change in a friend (when Micah thought his friend was not listening in the past).
- Strongest feeling of desolation: None that I can remember other than just that nagging of wanting my kids to find jobs!
Talk to Marge about SE starting in January.
Schedule R for Spiritual Direction.
I have 4:20 left on my timer. So I will just say that I love today already. Praying for our country as they are going to impeach the president.