Tuesday, December 17, 2019

126. Slaves in the Family


I was so delighted that this non-fiction book came up on my 1000 Books To Read Before You Die list at the same time I was reading The Invention of Wings! He even mentions the real Grimke sisters, who are the main characters in The Invention of Wings in this book. Edward Ball's ancestors were even from the same town, Charleston, South Carolina. That was a nice connection and accidental that they would overlap in the subject matter.

This book is a big commitment of time, but I love how meticulously the author researched his ancestry and found ancestors and descendants from the slaves of his family's plantation. It is a worthwhile read. Slavery was is a terrible blight on our nation, and this is an important book. 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...