Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Tuesday Twelve Freewrite

I am sort of bummed that I didn't do a freewrite on Sunday! I broke my streak. 

No worries. I got distracted. I had to write that Valentina was coming this Friday instead of next Wednesday. I swear that much of time is scheduling things on my calendar. :)

I found a new album to love: Advent at Ephesus

It is the same group of nuns that sing to me every morning, but I didn't know that they did an Advent album. YAY!

I meditated on Phil 2 today in connection with the Incarnation. So powerful. It came on the heels of someone on my Type Two Helper Facebook forum who said she was not recognized for something with her coworker, and she was really mad and bummed. I used to be like that. Now I just laugh. It happens to me, all the time, that someone else gets recognized for something that I did. Many times it is my husband who gets the credit, and we just laugh and say, "Well, we ARE one."  I don't care about things like that anymore. Look at Jesus, he humbled himself, leaving behind his lofty position to be born as a human being. He humbled Himself to the point of death. I think I can handle not be recognized for something, and it is God who highly exalted the Son. So I need to just let God highly exalt me. This led me to a drive out in the country with another friend on the team when I lamented that I was a bench sitter. She said, "Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you at the proper time." Pam Mark Hall's song about that verse came out loud and clear on her cassette tape player in the car (yes, pre-digital).

So there you go. What a great reminder of my PRIDE. I used to hate being humiliated, but now I just see it as God's way of making me follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Now, I get acknowledgment all the time (thinking of my conversation with a friend after my time with God this morning where she praised me up and down and every side), but I don't crave it or expect it. On the flip side, when people treat me disrespectfully and like I am nothing (this is rare, but there is one person who has done it for over 30 years), I can handle it. In fact, it does not bother me anymore. What has happened to me????

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...