Saturday, December 14, 2019

Saturday Sixteen Freewrite

I had one of my hyper-focused days yesterday. I had nothing on my calendar, my house is clean, and I only have to get one more Christmas gift. I did take an hour-long walk, but after my time in the Exercises this morning, I decided to start my Messiah Mediations, and I ended up spending the WHOLE day in it. 

That is just how I roll folks. LOL! George came home and said, "That does not surprise me in the least."

It was sort of fun to have a hyper-focused day. It seems like it has been a long time. I am still so surprised that I wrote a devotional through the entire Bible, but I write for growth. I think it has helped some people along the way too. YAY.

It was so lovely to read through it. I also corrected it as I went along. It was so good to read through all the Scripture of Messiah. It is really is my favorite piece of music. Paul did not realize this, but he woke up to it playing, and of course, he made fun of the melismas! 

It was a good day. I feel so full and free. I will listen again tomorrow. Once I start on that thing, I cannot stop.

We were invited to go to the coast for the weekend, but I had already accepted an invitation to a party. So we are going to go. I guess we were invited to one tonight too, but I forgot. 

Another great thing that happened is that P is a finalist for the job he interviewed for yesterday. YAY! I think it will be so good for him to work full-time. It is not his ultimate career goal, but it will be really healthy for him to work and possibly moving into parts of that place that are in his career path. 

Well, I really cannot believe I am doing at freewrite at 2am, but I was hyper-focused, remember?

I wish I could write and have someone else do all my corrections because I am just not that detail-oriented. 

So, tomorrow, I will shop for the last Christmas gift and get some Cinnamon rolls because yesterday was Santa Lucia Day! 

What was most life-giving today - Reading about and listening to Messiah. It was also fun to run into Sue while I was on my walk. I also am enjoying this book: Slaves in the Family, but I decided to send two of my books back since they didn't grab me. Oh, also Paul and the JOB! YAY! 

What was most deadening? Having to decide about whether to go to the coast or not. I really would have preferred the coast, actually, but I know it is just impolite to not go to a party once I have RSVP'd, and I know there will be lovely people there. So the party is not bad. It just would have been fun to be at the beach. 

I feel like it was a good God day! A reminder of why I do what I do. I love my life, and I am so happy my family is all together again this weekend! 

BYE!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...