Sunday, December 29, 2019

Sunday Six Minute Freewrite

I am doing a shorter freewrite today because I want to spend my freewrite time doing a 2019 Reading Wrap Up. That will take me a long time because I read so many books this year. 

George and I had a very long talk this morning about his future job-wise. I got so excited to think of the possibilities!

Also, I am so excited to have moved on from the six days of processing that had to take place to come to some peace about what transpired this week. It took me twelve days to process when the boom was lowered last time. So YAY! I cut the time in half. 

It helped for me to come out and say to friends, "I need prayer. I need you to reflect back to me what is truth and what is lies because you know me really well." So J & D have known me 41 years, N & K have known me 21 years,  J & D both lived with me.  So, that is an accumulation of many hours compared to evaluations of who I am after about 100-200 hours of interaction over 31 years. So, who am I going to believe? Each of those people is a strong "S" on the Myers-Briggs and tells it like it is with me with no syrup. I was willing to entertain all accusations, but I have to rely on what God has told me, George has told me, and friends who know me well, are emotionally healthy, and walk closely with God have told me. 

I can move on, and reviewing my spiritual exercises with Jesus' invitation to come to him (Mt 11:28-30) and his call to kingdom work were all I needed this morning to move on. "Walk in the good way" (Jer 6:16). This has happened before and time has proven the accuracy in that past, and he will do that again. You fight my battles for me while I keep silent, still and calm (Ex 14:13) Thank you. 

Six minutes and six days of processing. I think I am free. Thank you! Half the time. I am growing! Nothing I can do to change a person's false perception. "A person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still" has been my motto for many years, and I try to convince people otherwise, and life is too short to waste that kind of time. I will love extravagantly through my prayer. That is all I can do. "Composed and quieted my soul like a weaned child - it is truly a matter too difficult for me and a great matter" (Ps 131). Sphere of loving concern and not my sphere of influence. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...