Here is the Goodreads summary of my Year in Books 2022: https://www.goodreads.com/user/year_in_books/2022/2684360I read 10,000 fewer pages this year than last year! (Update: since writing this, I realized that when I listen to an audiobook, it only counts the number of pages that the audiobook might have in its packet. So, an 800-page book might be zero pages in the audiobook. I would add at least 5,000 pages to the above total pages read, but it doesn't really matter.) Chalk it up to having a very full year with travel that did not involve having time for reading (because I was walking 71 miles on the Camino or going to conferences and talking with lots of people)! I also did a lot more praying and meditating on my long training walks for the Camino and less listening to audiobooks while I walked!
These questions are a composite of questions given over the years from the Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge.
For all my books with a bit of commentary (I don't write long ones, sorry), click the link HERE.How many books did you read? 60
Which character did you fall in love with?
France, Russia, the "Blue Highways" of the United States, the Lewis and Clark Trail, Sharecropping South of 1936, fantasy world of Game of Thrones.
Which book stood out, made an impression, and/or stayed with you the longest? What did you learn from it?
Which books did you like the least and why?
- watching TV for the year (Just Survivor and Amazing Race). I am not addicted but curious how many more books I might read as a result
- reading books to prepare for interviews with the Abiding Life/Fruitful Disciple Podcast
- reading books to lead OMS or 2HC Cohorts
- teaching at OSU and Timberhill
- leading an OMS prayer watch
- leading anyone through the Spiritual Exercises until September.