Friday, December 20, 2019

Friday Fifteen Freewrite

Just a reminder that a Freewrite is where I set the timer for a predetermined time (most of the time it is fifteen), and I type away with no particular agenda. I try to do this regularly. More recently, I have done it every day but one day since November 22. I also did a freewrite blog of my time in Europe from November 11-20. So, I have been on a roll for over a month now. WOOHOO! It has been fun. 

Yesterday was so good. I have LOVED doing Ignatian Contemplation on the narratives in the gospels leading to the birth of Christ. I have loved going through the guide I wrote for the Exercises. Even if I am the only one who benefits from these, I love going through it. 

I got up early with candle burning to meditate on Mary visiting Elizabeth. LOVE! I have also really enjoyed the Advent contemplations in the Pray as You Go app and will include the text in my guide now. The music they pick for these are so awesome.

After this, I needed to run some errand before going to tea with Dee. So I took P to his urine test on the other side of town while I ran errands. The wait for P was so long, but he got out of there in time for me to make it on the road to Hillsboro for tea. I debated about finishing my Chernobyl book or starting Killers of the Flower Moon. I chose Killers, and I was not disappointed. See my review. Such a good book! I got through five hours of it while I was driving up there and back and to Missional Community.

Tea with Dee was superb. We have wanted to do their Christmas teas for years. It was no different from their regular teas though. I loved how special Mrs. B's Teas and Lisa's Tea Room did it. This was just regular tea with a few Christmas decorations in the room. But their teas are really good. We had Apricot Peach black tea and Pomegranate Hibiscus. I bought both to take home with me. I so enjoy being with Dee. She is so other-centered and great to talk to. There is a maturity in her that I find in few people. 

I drove back in the dark which is not my favorite way to travel, but the book had me riveted. I came back. I did some editing on my book and went off to the missional community. I decided to play the Ignatian contemplation about Joseph's dream for them, and it led to some deeper discussion. 

After this, I tried to watch something (I cannot even remember what it was), but I fell asleep!


I finished up Killers of the Flower Moon this morning and started Slay. This is a very different book but enjoyable. 

Now, I will get back to book editing which I plan to do for the rest of the day until Dee comes with the girls for dancing to "Feliz Navidad" and decorating Gingerbread Houses. Fun to be had. Oh, I also have some gift wrapping to do. A couple things are coming today on Amazon shipping day (I know, feeding the beast). 

I am so good with the change in our Christmas plan brought on by one family member's desire to have it the way that person wants it. I am good with that. I am flexible. I love the way it is turning out. 


No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...