Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Rabbit Listened


This book is a simple, yet powerful message of presence and listening bearing witness rather than "leading the witness." It is an analogy of what spiritual direction is all about, just being there and simply listening.

I am taking it with Lacy Finn Borgo's Spiritual Accompaniment with Children training. This is the last time she will be teaching it. I think those she trained will teach it in the future. It goes from August 10 to December 10. It is a big commitment, but so far I like it. 

I have read a few of the books she recommends. I cannot read all of them though because they are not in my library, and it would cost HUNDREDS of dollars to buy all the ones she recommends. 

No comments:

Sailing Alone Around the Room (1000 Books to Read)

Some of these poems made me laugh out loud! Most were delightful. Poems are not meant to be overanalyzed and just enjoyed.  These are the on...