Saturday, August 10, 2024

Fifteen Minute Freewrite for USA Women's Soccer!!!


I'm doing a freewrite during the halftime of the USA vs Brazil Soccer Gold Medal Match.

I don't understand soccer, but it is fun.

I am curious to know how long a soccer halftime is too. I just wanted to write. I was going to read books for my Sabbath, but I feel like the Olympics only comes around once every four years. So, I am watching it. 

I boycotted the last Olympics because of the bad attitudes of, especially, the women's soccer team. The majority probably didn't have a bad attitude, but they got a bad rep because of some who pushed their agenda and were not respectful. So, I was disgusted. 

This team has risen above the politics. I like that. 

Come on USA! You can do it! So, I have had a good morning. I had Centering prayer at 4:30 am with the Meditation Chapel. Then some time in The Reservoir, and I love the simplicity of it. I meditated on Moses praying for the battle with Aaron and Hur holding up his arms. So, I led a Centering Prayer at 6 am with a combo of my worlds. One from the OMS, one from the 2nd Half Collaborative, and two from Sustainable Faith. And the 2HC and OMS people knew each other. That was really cool. 

After that, I went for a great intercessory prayer walk (I also journaled some intercession before that - I listened to God for each person in the Sustainable Faith training. That was cool.) I think that there is more smoke in the air because the sunrise was hazy. 

I had a lot of energy for my walk, but I was SORE. I subbed for summer Pilates. After two months of not teaching, I have sore buns and sore between the shoulder blades. Just a bit, but I feel really energized by it. Thus why I need to keep on teaching even though I am 65 years old. I just don't do it on my own!

George just came back from picking blackberries. 

Back to the Olympics, I have LOVED all the athletes that are living out their faith. They are posting their praise times in the Olympic Village. Sydney who is a hurdler (cannot remember her last name) has been so sweet to talk about her faith. Anywho, it has been really encouraging after feeling so silenced by the Woke abusers. Really has been an abusive rant for many years. I love that they just talk about their faith in Jesus and don't get involved with the political stuff. 

So, I hope those soccer players are resting because apparently, their ace player has been resting for the first half. So, she will be fresh and coming into the game. Go USA!!!

So, how much time is left? 5 minutes left. So, I know that halftime is at least 10 minutes. (I set a 15-minute timer which is standard for a freewrite.)

I am going to go to reading my books. I am 11 books behind on my reading goals for the year. Maybe I will not meet them this year. That might be really helpful. 

OK, the soccer commentators say, "Not very many looks." That must mean that they have not had too many times where they worked the ball down near the goal they needed to score at. "Looks" at the goal? I know that seems like I should know that, but soccer was not a sport when I was growing up. It came to our town when I was about a freshman in high school, and it was just club soccer. There was no high school soccer, and I just remember it being for the little kids and not for the teenagers. We are so behind the world when it comes to soccer. 

Well, there is 1 minute 20 seconds. I may complete this before the halftime is done. Maddy is telling me some rules as I go. 

Oh, it is starting. So I guess it is about 15 minutes! Who knew! 

TaTa for NOW! 

GO USA!!!!! 

No comments:

Inner Compass

This book has been sitting on my shelf since 2018! I wanted to look at the first chapter because there is a spiritual direction exercise tha...