Saturday, August 24, 2024

Praying in Color: Kid's Edition


This is a nice book that introduces a creative way to pray by doodling shapes and names of people children might be praying for.

I don't like the introduction, assuming how hard it might be for kids to pray. I think her introducing it would have been better than assuming kids have a hard time praying. 

She does this negative stuff in the adult version too (not finished yet so stay tuned for my review)

If I were reading this to a kid, I would skip the negative upfront part. If there were problems, we can address them, but why assume the negative and worst first? 



No comments:

Sailing Alone Around the Room (1000 Books to Read)

Some of these poems made me laugh out loud! Most were delightful. Poems are not meant to be overanalyzed and just enjoyed.  These are the on...