Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Wednesday Morning Freewrite Examen

Second Week of Lent - Be Kind. Give people the benefit of the doubt (everyone is carrying around some sort of burden that you don't know about). Honor the absent. Don't be a jerk - just because you are having a rotten day doesn't mean you have to pass it on to others. BE A KIND PERSON.

Grateful for . . . 
1) My body working great. I had a little hip thing right before I went to Boise, and the first morning in Boise I was able to work it out before I sat for two days. It has carried over to where I have no recognizable pain anywhere.
2) Moving my body in Pilates classes yesterday. I felt so great.
3) Riding my bike in the sunshine.
4) The Spiritual Exercises four sessions yesterday was so life-giving. So good to meditate in the miracles and parables of Jesus.

Beginning of my day - Spiritual Exercise time #1. Martha and Mary. Psalm 27:4. There is one thing that is important in life. 

Rest of Morning - Lovely ride to work. Lovely students. 

Middle of the Day - Rode back from OSU in the sunshine. Spiritual Exercises #2 in my cozy room. Deeper meditation in Psalm 16:11 - Acts 2:25-28. Ate lunch and rested. Read a bit of The Guns of August (wrote post review). The Critical Journey. Interior Castle. All good reading. 

Afternoon - Submitted grades that I know are set. I have the highest number of As in my Pilates I class than any other class I have ever taught. I rested and watched the news. Read some more. 

Evening - Spiritual Exercises #3 - Jn 9:1041. The man born blind. Light out of Darkness as the sun went down. I love these longer days. Ate dinner. Watched TV. 

End of the Day - Spiritual Exercises #4 - Lk 1511-32. Repetition of the Prodigal - "there is more joy in among and in the presence of the angels of God over one (especially) wicked person who repents [changed his mind for the better]" and "the father saw him and was moved with pity and tenderness for him, and he ran and embraced him and kissed him fervently."

I want to have that kind of forgiveness Lord. Special miracle for a change of thinking for someone. Our minds play tricks. 

The most meaningful part of the day - times in the Exercises. Each was sweet in its own way. I need reminders throughout the day. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...