Monday, March 23, 2020

Monday Morning Freewrite

Well, this has been a long morning. I woke up at 3 am! I thought when I woke up so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed that it must be later, but NO. I got up and started the Pray as You Stay series specifically designed by Pray as You Go for our suggestion to "shelter in place" as much as possible. I also had a Centering Prayer time after my regular Pray as You Go time about Jesus' healing. My word for God was "healer," and I just want to say that God so showed up for that time. I am so easily distracted, but if draw near to him, he will draw near to me (James 4). He so did. YAY!

After this was my meditation time in John 15. Abide in me. Remain in me. Dwell in me. YES, sir! I am down with that.


After this was my world prayer time and Seek God for the City. I prayed through many more countries in South America and started on Africa. Several African countries have not gotten the Coronavirus yet. It was a good time. 

I started this little project of putting the start dates of all the different countries on my calendar. I also write where the first case in the country had traveled from. It is interesting to see the spread, and it is mostly a "rich people" spread. People getting on planes and going to places that were already known to have the virus (even doctors who should know better) and bringing back a microbial present to innocent people. This has fueled my world prayer.

We also had a worship service at home with communion. It was lovely. We watched our church on YouTube along with it. We talked about our fears. I think we are all good. Paul has the highest probability of getting the virus since he is still an essential worker at the hospital and does not work from home or between jobs (Michael decided Amazon delivery quotas were ridiculous - 12 packages in one hour to different locations around a busy city - nope). 

I am also going to cut fabric this morning for masks for the hospital since there is a shortage. I know I have a sewing machine, but it has not been used in years. So it will need some maintenance. It has inspired me to do so though. 

I will also meet with sweet Nicole for spiritual direction and sweet Michelle because she wants to know how to teach Pilates by Zoom starting in one week! Ack! I am less stressed about this now. I think I am going to be fine. 

My other sweet Michelle is not coming to Oregon for Spring Break since the Oregon Beach Cities have asked tourists not to come. I think this is wise. 

Oh, I know it is going to be a good day. I am a little afraid to do the cutting because I might mess everything up. How silly is that? I know once I start, I will get in a groove and love it.

Oh, George is home still, and that has been the sweetest silver lining about this whole world-wise mess. I had prayed he could work from home. This is not exactly what I meant, but it has given me such a sweet taste of what that might be like. He is my bestest of friends, and I love all the walks we have been able to take this last week. I so miss him being up in Hillsboro for almost 7 years. I am praying that his boss will agree to let him work from home from now on and just have him come in for important meetings. We will see. 

That has been by far the most life-giving thing from my entire week. 

Well, I must get over my fear of cutting now because I want to be done with the cutting before I meet with Nicole. I might even ask Marg if she wants to meet this week instead of next Monday since she is not working and at home too, and the night before my first Zoom class might be pretty challenging for me. I would love to switch our times to day time. 

Well, there is the timer. Off to my day! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...