Tuesday, March 10, 2020

7. The Guns of August


6469983 

This took me forever to get through. I got it a couple of months ago but had to return it and wait. It is a very popular book because it is considered the quintessential book about the beginning of World War I. It is very detailed. I read another book by Tuchman called A Distant Mirror about the 14th Century. I liked that book better because it was about all of society. This one was all about war. It was too much for me, but now I know so much about the details of the start of this terrible war. That Kaiser was power-hungry. It was interesting when they were in Alsace in France since I was just there in November. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...