Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday Freewrite: Session 5 - The Tomb

Pray as You Go Journey with Jesus - The Tomb (John 11)

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, although he may die, yet he shall live." 

"Did I not say that if you believe you would see the glory of God."

"You always hear me."

Imagine yourself as Lazarus returning to your daily life. What would that have have been like?

AWESOME! I certainly would not doubt the power of Jesus. :) 


You have given all to me.
To you Lord I return it,
Everything is yours
Do with it what you will.
Give me only your love and your grace
That is enough for me.

What has stirred in you? (That will be the subject of my 15 minute freewrite.) 

It think we are going to be over 15 days to slow the spread on Monday or Tuesday. I hope it has helped. I, for one, have enjoyed being at home. I have not necessarily worked on any home projects because I have been trying to get ready for my spring term class on line. It is a LOT of work, but I have enjoyed all the new things that I have learned that will probably help me in the long-run. 

What stirs in me about Lazarus coming back from the dead? I think his life would have been one of continual praise and glory to God for giving him a second opportunity to live! So, I think I would live of life of gratitude for every breath.

Hey, I have been given new life in Jesus Christ. So I will live a life of gratitude. 

Actually, I think I am. This has been hard for some people. To be at home. Maybe if I didn't have ways to be in contact with people it would be harder. There are so many ways to be in contact now. 

I am grateful for:
1) This new computer. My camera was not working on my old computer. So, we decided to get this new one. The computer was also running somewhat slow too. Since I teach and will with Zoom, and I do spiritual direction via these means, I thought it would be best to do this. We took a nice drive to Salem to pick it up so I could have it in time for my first class at 10 am on Tuesday. I am somewhat sad that many of my students have dropped out even before the class has started. It makes sense that they are working out at school because they are on campus. So they can work out at home on their own. These will be the smallest classes I have ever had. 
2) George at home - I cannot get over how fun it is to get to see him every single day after seven years of sharing him with his mom and aunt. I am grateful I was able to give him up so he could usher Aunt Dot into heaven and help his mom around the house. Other people are stepping up to help her in Newberg since she cannot go out at 90 years old (not because she is not able to, but it is recommended that she stay at home). 
3) George's mom - She has always been so very kind to me. I am grateful that I don't have mother in law issues.
4) Kids home - I love that we can all gather every weekend as a family together.
5) Quiet mornings in the Word and prayer. I went deeply into John 15 and abiding in the Vine this week. I have loved my prayer times (but I usually do). I have loved praying (and sometimes while walking) for every country in the world through the prayercast.com country videos. It is a priviledge. 
6) Being part of a team who made face masks. I had to step back until I get this class off the ground. But the 10+ hours I spent cutting and ironing were a blessings. I loved it. 

Well there is my 15 minute timer. 






No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...