Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday Fifteen Freewrite

I am a little ahead of time on my Ignatian contemplations and arrived at the washing of the disciples' feet this morning. Lovely time and listened to the words of the Creighton University Online Retreat Week 27 people. That was comforting to my soul.

I also had a new kind of Examen from the Reimagining the Examen app. It was called "My Emotions" and tracked the emotions I felt throughout the day. That was really good. I had never come across that one. Since I tend to "edit my emotions," it was good to feel the feelings that I felt throughout the day. One thing was I was frustrated at how my Pilates recordings through Zoom were coming out on the Canvas website as flipped from horizontal to vertical! UGH! The good news is that I do not have to record these things and can just teach these classes without recording, and that is what I am going to do. I had to use a super long cord with the microphone clipped to my clothes. That worked. If I didn't have such a long body, the camera would not have to be so far away from me. LOL! I think that is an emotion that I felt: laughter and joy. 

The greatest joy I had is that George is working from home! It is sort of ironic that I had been praying that George could get a job in Corvallis, that after almost seven years of him working in Hillsboro that he would be home at night. Well, the Coronavirus made that a possibility. Now George and I realize what we have been missing so much during these seven years. Since I am a pretty strong "S" on the Myers-Briggs, I tend to be a "what is, is" kind of person and have been content with the fact that George has been up on the weeknights with his mom. And I have been so happy that in her late 80s and early 90s, she has been able to have her best friend there with her every day! It has been a pleasure for me to release my husband to do that. I love my mother in law so much. She has been very kind to me over these last 30 years. It was also providential that only a year into the seven years, George would be needed to help usher Aunt Dot into heaven. She did not have anyone else to take care of her than his mom (her sister). So it is so good that he could be there to help her with everything. Again, I was so happy to have less of him so that she could have such a caring and loving person help her in her final two years. 


Now, we are ready to have him home. Tasting this has been so very sweet. What a man. I just cannot say enough good things about him. He is truly a gift of love to me.


Speaking of gift of love. My meditation in Pray as You Go was in Hosea 14. What a beautiful passage! Wow! "I will love them FREELY . . . They shall flourish like a garden, they shall blossom like the vine, their fragrance shall be like the wine of Lebanon." 


God is so committed to our growth. God is so FOR US. He wants to see us blossom and grow and FLOURISH! I believe that for the people I was sad about two days ago. YAY! I release them to You, LORD.


Speaking of blossoming and flourishing, I get to talk to my dear friend, Kim! We are taking a "social distance" walk together in the 65-degree sunshine. We will be taking a route we used to take regularly very early on in our friendship which will be 20 years in September when she joined my Marriage without Regrets Bible Study. Afterwhich we started meeting weekly. What a journey we have been on. She is someone who wants to go the distance with God, and I am so grateful for her friendship. 

I also might do Zoom with a directee I have not seen since December! It should be fun!

TTFN. Off to pray for Asia on my walk. :) 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...