Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday Freewrite Fifteen

As I sit here, the sun is just peeking up over the clouds flooding my back and side yard with a glowing low light. I like mornings. Yesterday I woke up at 4 am. This morning was 6:35 am, which is very late for me. I am listening to my nuns sing Hallelujah. I think I fell in love with this kind of music when I watched that Hallelujah scene in The Sound of Music when I was six years old. Just me. 

The schools officially stopped today. The library is closed. George's company is letting them work from home today to see if their computer system can handle all the remote workers. For me, there is no "boredom" that sets in. There are a plethora of books in my Kindle and on my shelves to last me a very long time. I know that I was homebound for the better part of six weeks with my broken leg last summer, and I reveled in it. This is when you know you really are an Introvert. People usually disagree with me on that point all the time, but I am. The fact that three things got canceled this weekend (or went online like church) did not bother me one bit. I love people, but I love being alone too. Actually, we are never alone. 

So to my time with God this morning. Well, let's go to yesterday. It is so interesting that AGAIN there is a meditation on Mary and Martha when I did it earlier in the week with the Spiritual Exercises, and then Pray as You Go had it too. On top of all of that, Teresa of Avila talks about being a contemplative in action is about the merging of Mary and Martha. My rereading of The Critical Journey also talked about that "doing to being" boundary (although they do not call it that but Clinton does in his book). Then today, the meditation in Pray as You Go was on a prophet not being welcome in their own town and the questions about what I am passionate about really hit me. I think I am most passionate about the merging of Mary and Martha. About betting from Stage 4 to Stage 5 and getting over "The Wall." I love sitting with leaders in spiritual direction who struggle with this. Some are passionate "doers" but realize that their "being" is not there. 

My passion for the Exercises comes out of that too. I love how Ignatius addresses this. That is why I want to bring the Exercises to the world. Many have written books, but I would like to bring the Exercises into the 21st Century by creating an app or a podcast that has the Exercises in a Pray as You Go format. I have written Pray as You Go two times about this because I would just love for them to do it, but they have not written me back. So, I am asking God to drop someone in my lab who could help me with the technical aspect of this. 

I have only about two minutes left on my fifteen-minute timer. Today, I am going to read more of The Critical Journey and The Guermantes Way and Enneagram Transformations and maybe even read that book about third culture kids by Wendy's daughter. That is what I have on my Goodreads cue. Then I hope to finish His Dark Materials before the free HBO days run out. I have 1 episode left, and it has been excellent. So many of my favorite British actors and Lin-Manuel Miranda too! This is on my 1000 Books to Read Before You Die list, but I thought I would watch the mini-series before I read it. 

There is the timer. BYE! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...