Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday Freewrite Fifteen Examen

Grateful for:
1) A community of believers who work together for the glory of God.
2) D's total commitment to Jesus. "I am committed to him like you guys." YAY!
3) George being at home.

Yesterday was a busy day. I decided to devote it primarily to ironing fabric straps for the masks we are making (I think there are seventy of us on the team now). I put the five hour Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth into my DVD player and ironed away for six hours. I took a break to eat some lunch, go to the bathroom, and answer emails and Messengers about doing this, but that was about it. It was fun, and the time just flew by. I have to take a break now as I don't think my back can take another day of leaning over an ironing board. Many hands make light work. New people are being added to the group all the time. I will break today and talk with Maureen about the Type 5. 

I am almost through the 27th week of the Spiritual Exercises, and it has been so rewarding. I was a bit ahead, so I decided to go slowly through John 15 since it is one of my favorite chapters (along with Psalm 27 and Romans 8). Abiding. Dwelling. Remaining. That is what I have been doing all week, and it has been so great. 

After ironing, George and I went for a walk, and I vegged by watching the news updates on the Coronavirus. Oh, I should also say that after my time in mediation and personal prayer in the Exercises, I have been praying through Seek God for the City and specifically praying through the prayercast.com videos for each country. In light of the Coronavirus, that has been so good to do. I had said I want to pray through the world this year, and I was slow to the trigger starting in January, but I am back on track. I wish Seek God for the City had an online prayer calendar like Operation World does. As it is, I buy the app every year. I think I have been praying through the app since it started, and I had the book before that. I noticed that Steve (the author) was going to come and speak at First Baptist, but I don't know if he came because of all the Coronavirus stuff. I should have written down when he was coming. 

I tried to stay up and awake last night, but I was SO TIRED from standing all day that I fell asleep fairly early. Thus why I woke up at 2 am this morning and got out of bed at 3am. 

Today will be 1) Maureen, 2) Zoom camera set up for my class (should I buy a new computer because the camera in my current one is not working for some reason?) 3) Pray for the World, 4) Do prep for the leadership class - Should I Zoom with Meagan so I can get a feel for where they are at in their leadership and where they want to go? 4) Walk and do Pilates and weights. 

I am going to try to not eat as much. The last two days have been so good. I am cutting down after a long stretch of months (with a couple of lower eating times) of eating too much!

Most deadening: Finding out that my work is NOT done on the project I worked on with another. I need to pray more about my feelings about this. 

Most life-giving: Working on the masks with a team of people (who love Pride and Prejudice)

Today: Unspoken, but I have a lead on who he wants me to love today.  

TTFN!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...