Monday, March 09, 2020

Monday Morning Freewrite Fifteen

Examen (with the help of The Examen Podcast)

Message: Honor the absent. Like this. 

Review of yesterday

Things that blessed my day:
1) Exit Row seat in the front of the plane because the gate person at Alaska Airlines thought I really needed it. I was all by myself and just had the most amazing time communing with God.
2) The Boise Airport Business Center private carrols. I was going to sit there waiting (I was there almost two hours before my flight because Debbie and Ralph needed to get to church, and there was NO LINE at TSA precheck) for the flight with all the hubbub, but "Type Two needs to work on her soul in solitude." So I looked for the Business Center and "Replayed the Moments" from Moment by Moment 11-22. I wrote and wrote, and some things came out from the weekend in Boise that were really important for me to process. I knew I felt a burden for one person from the night before, but there was another interaction with a person that left me unsettled. So I needed to really process that. BLESSED MY DAY. 
3) I guess I want to add the "Blessing of the Exit Row." I was reading The Critical Journey and switched to Interior Castle, and something about the particular mansion that Teresa of Avila was talking about just caught my heart, and then I heard God say, "Look behind you," and I would have missed it had he not said something. There was Majestic Mount Hood, God's handiwork, right there, and my window had already passed it. The person behind me was also looking in raptures, and we had a beautiful moment looking at it together, and then she said, "Look down that way." I looked at the opposite window, and you could see the Cascade Range north of Mount Hood (Mount St. Helens and Ranier) and the other way you could see the mountains south of Mt. Hood. It was such a perfect view, and it was just a God moment. 

Start of Day - I slept until 7:45, but it was 6:45 because of Daylight Savings Time. I had a good hour with God, but I had not been able to fall asleep the night before because of my intense talk with a new friend that evening. My heart was hurting for that friend and also disturbed. So I did have time with God, but I knew I would have time at the airport to really expand. I needed to process.

The rest of the morning - I packed up and got dropped off at the airport by 9:25am. I saw God all over the time at the Business Center described above. Then I boarded the plane, but we had a little delay, and I was able to watch all the drama for why it was delayed. The flight was already described. I love the things we are reading with the Sustainable Faith School of Spiritual Direction. I think it is pretty near perfect training IMHO. :) Peaceful time and perfect timing of the pick up by George. I was first off the plane and first to get my bag and out the door to see George just pulling up. 

Middle of the Day - We had lunch at Park Stone Wood Kitchen. I will miss our little going up to send me off and going there either before or after. Last time was more disjointed because he got called into that important meeting at work, and I had to scramble to find a way to get there that was providential because of how Barbie and I connected on some relational things we were going through. 

Afternoon - We made it just in time to see the new Emma at the Broadway Theatre in Salem. Since it will never come to Corvallis, and it was nice to catch it on the way down. It was delightful. 

Evening - We went for a walk and then came back and George fixed me dinner. I caught up on the news and fell fast asleep. Traveling is exhausting.

Regrets - Not processing something that has been building for quite some time. Lord, I felt like you told me to just let it go. So I kiss it and send it away to freedom. Forgive me for carrying the burden of another person's stuff. I want to be better at discerning when it is their issue and not mine. I don't let you carry that. I acknowledge my self-sufficiency in it all. 

Most meaningful - Majestic Mountains :) God was so faithful to tell me to look out the window (even to look behind me because my window had already passed Mount Hood)

Today I will work at the Hillsboro Library. I plan on taking a long walk too. I really did not get too much exercise this weekend, and I am a little creaky! Then we are off to our Type Four Enneagram Panel. I am learning so much. I will work on the class I am teaching that I put on hold to do the Enneagram Instinctual Variants talk. 

The rest of the week:
Tuesday - Class, and weights. Do preliminary grades. Work on Leadership Class talk.
Wednesday - Zoom with Jules. Put final touches on the Type 8 Study Sheet. Rachel hair. Amy dinner. Bake cookies for my 100% attendance students.
Thursday - Last day of Winter term. Final grades submitted. Set up the Spring term Canvas site. (I have "The Well" in my calendar, and I have NO idea why it is there.) 
Friday - Spiritual Direction Supervision Group in Mt. Angel from 9-12. Then I will spend a couple of hours there.
Saturday - Spring Break begins. Final touches on the Type 5 Study Sheet with Maureen. 

Decisions: Getaway with George over the weekend? There is something that is going on that weekend, and I cannot remember what it is! I also need to decide whether I will go to Southern Cal for Rick's memorial. 




No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...