Saturday, October 12, 2019

Saturday Sixteen Minute Freewrite

Here we go. Timer set for sixteen. I do not get up until I have written for sixteen minutes. That is the nature of a freewrite. You are not supposed to correct spelling, grammar, or punctuation (but I must admit sometimes I cannot help myself). 

Yesterday was great. I walked 17,106 steps and 8.4 miles. I had gotten close to 10,000 about a week ago, but since my tibia fracture, I have not walked that much. 

It was a beautiful fall day at Dawson Creek. The leaves were turning all sorts of fall colors, and the ducks and Canada geese were in the ponds. 

Since George came down to Corvallis for our missional community, I decided to go back up to work with him on Friday. I am going to try to do that every time. In some ways, I wish our missional community would coincide with me having to go up to Portland for my Studio E (Enneagram) Cohort, but I did like having the entire day there at the Hillsboro Library. 

Speaking of the Hillsboro Library. The Corvallis-Benton County Library finally decided to not to join the rest of Oregon in the "Passport" program. I never understood why they did not participate, but last February they joined, and now I can check out books from the Washington County Library system. I found a book that the Corvallis Library did not have! The best thing about studying there is that I can also use their study rooms! I used to go there quite a bit when George was first working at Qorvo in 2013. I had finished homeschooling. Both boys were in college, and I think that it might have even been an "off" year for our missional stuff. So, I was finishing Bible Book Club, and I went up there for the entire week some time and would go to the library and just type away from April to some time in the late summer/early fall. It was great! I finished BBC. I think I did it in 2014 too; but 2015, I started working at OSU so Hillsboro was curtailed, but all that to say is that I would go to the Quiet Reading Room, and there were these study rooms off of it, and people would go in there, and I wished I could too (because sometime people in the Quiet Reading Room were not always that quiet). I asked about getting a library card there because the Corvallis Library allows cards for people who work in Corvallis (or at least they used to). Since George works in Hillsboro, I thought he would be eligible, but they don't have that. They would say, "But we do Passport. Do you have that in your library?" Sadly no. So, I would covet those study rooms.

So, yesterday, I was in there from 10-11 and 1-4. It was glorious. Even though it was a school holiday and many of the study rooms were inhabited by rambuntious kids, those study rooms are very sound proof! I even had a white board. So, I studied Enneagram stuff for four hours and charted some things on the board. That was helpful for me to have a visual as I studied.

I walked before the library opened in Dawson Creek from 8-9 and then walked some more with George and his coworker. Then they had a "Mega walk" planned at 11:50, and I did another hour of fast paced walking. Then after my study room time was up I walked again and listened to Dracula (good story!). 

I was SO TIRED I came home and was asleep by 9pm! Thus why I got out of bed at 3am! 


Now my sixteen minutes is up, and I bit you adieu. Oh but wait, I am going to take a little more time. Speaking of "adieu," on the way back from Hillsboro, I mentioned to George about that French restaurant (Cuvee) in Carlton. On a whim, we stopped having not had a date together for two weeks.  WOWEE KAZOWEE! It was très magnifique!

 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...