Saturday, October 05, 2019

Saturday Sixteen Minute Freewrite

I have not been setting my timer for the last few freewrites, but I will today because I want to make sure I have some reading time before George wakes up. I fell FAST asleep at 9:30 last night, just a few short minutes into Poldark. I was very tired from the day. I woke up at 4:15 am, warmed up my premade chai and had some time with God. Then George's mom got up, and we chatted. Then it was a flurry to get out the door with George so that I could make it to the Beaverton Transit Center to make it to Downtown Portland to make it to my first Enneagram Certificate course. It is called Studio E, and it is a small cohort with eight women and the leader, Dale. He knows his stuff! WOW! I was blown away at how much I learned just in one four hour period. I am the third to the oldest. I thought I would be one of the younger ones based on the picture I saw from the last cohort he held two years ago. So that was a pleasant surprise. The oldest will be 80 in February. I think the youngest is probably in her late 20s or early 30s. We all told our stories. (Well, almost all. One woman could not come due to the flu, so two volunteered to tell their stories next week so she could feel included.) I think Dale is a very self-aware and sensitive person. 

I did so much walking from and back to the Max line and up to Dale's office. The elevator only goes to the 12th floor. Then, it is a walk up the stairs to the 13th. He was willing to hold our first meeting on the first floor for accessibility for me, but I am two weeks ahead of schedule as far as my leg recovery is concerned. So I hobbled from the Max and up that last flight of stairs. It felt good. The main challenge is the foot. It feels very tight after not having full pressure put on it for 9 weeks! I can walk slow, but I cannot walk my usual pace yet. I usually do 17 minute miles when I walk at a leisurely pace. Now my pace is about 23-25. So I have a ways to go, but my foot enjoyed the exercises. It was my back that was tight after not rolling (I thought George had a roller at his mom's house so did not being mine up) the night before and sitting in a chair for four hours with just two breaks (he promised to give us more breaks next time). 

I got off the Max line at Orenco and walked to Salam. Then I walked almost the whole way back to Qorvo! I almost had 10,000 steps. I think I was over 9000, but I could not keep my eyes open passed 9:30! So no exercise goal met for yesterday, but I burned a lot of calories with my walking. 

Anywho, I am still trying to decide the best course of action for me when it comes to going to downtown Portland for the next two times. I will go October 18 and November 1. I think on the 18th I will drive there directly and park in the garage, but I might take the MAX in from Geo's work on November 1 because he must pick me up to go to the airport afterward. I guess I could take the MAX on November 1 because the Red Line goes all the way to the airport, and I get out at 1pm and my plane does not leave until 4:15, but I will have my luggage with me to lug up to the 13th floor! So I have a few weeks to think through that. I would have my ultralight backpack with only two nights worth of contents. So that wouldn't be necessarily difficult to do, and it goes right there. I will research it. 

Well there is more I would love to write. but my time is up. I do want to say that my original purpose in writing this morning is to say how utterly free and peaceful I have felt the last few days. I have restricted movement in my leg, but I am only getting better. I am not declining. I also just love meditating in Romans 8 - there is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus, for the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has SET YOU FREE from the law of sin and of death. These were words that saved me in the fall of 1983 when I was recovering from my breakdown as I walked the shores of Lake Washington. Want to cement that memory in my mind for it is one of the sweetest in my recollection. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...