Tuesday, October 08, 2019

95. 11/22/63 by Stephen King


This was the reading choice of my 1000 Books to Read Before You Die Goodreads group since it is October, and we voted to read scary. Scary books are not my thing, but there is something about having a book list to work from that opens you up to reading things you would never think to read. I have never read a Stephen King novel. I saw Carrie in the movie theatre my senior year of high school, and it scared me FOREVER! (That book is also on the list.) 


This book was very long (850 pages), but it had me from the get go! It helped that I got sick last weekend and just listened while I was in bed recovering. 

Stephen King can write! I liked this one because it involves looking at the butterfly effect/chaos theory. If you went back in time and changed incident/incidents, what would that do to the future? It is an interesting question. 

I was surprised at how invested I got in the characters, wanting them to succeed. I even cried. I loved a look back at life in the late 1950s into the 1960s since I was born into that era. Learning the history surrounding the JFK assassination was also quite enlightening. 

This book is well done. Warning: foul language galore. That is the one thing I did not like about the book. Too much of it for my taste. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...