Wednesday, October 09, 2019

97. Carrie by Stephen King


10160130 I saw this movie in a theatre when I was a senior in high school, and it made me think I would not EVER read a Stephen King novel or see another of his movies because it gave me nightmares! I cannot believe my mom let me go. When The Exorcist was all the rage, all my friends went to it without me. Mom said, "No," and I didn't mind that she said so. I don't know WHY I went to this movie though.


All that said, I have said it in the review of the previous Stephen King novel that this man can tell a good story. This poor girl was so abused at home and at school. She just flipped! (Funny story: It saw it the year I became Prom Queen, but I had a little bit better experience.)

I have to laugh because my osteopath saw my book today next to my bag (could not put it down once I started reading it), and said, "Carol, you are reading Carrie!" He knows me well. He is a huge Game of Thrones fan, and we have talked about how I cannot watch that show. He knows I am more the Downton Abbey and Jane Austen type. I told him it is just because it is on that 1000 Books to Read Before You Die list. His medical student immediately said, "Well, you do know that Game of Thrones is on that list! I KNOW! I think it will be easier to read it than to watch it though! 

Then his medical student went on to tell me all the Stephen King novels that I MUST read, but I thanked him kindly and said, "I read the two on the list, and that is where I stop!" 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...