Sunday, October 27, 2019

102. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf


59716

What has become of me? I liked a book by Virginia Woolf! I thought this was so beautifully written and ethereal but very sad. She gets inside the heads of all the characters of the Ramsay family and their friends who are visiting their vacation home by the sea in Scotland. Then time passes. It is exquisite, and I totally understand why it is a masterpiece. I liked it so much more than I liked Mrs. Dalloway!


“What is the meaning of life? That was all- a simple question; one that tended to close in on one with years, the great revelation had never come. The great revelation perhaps never did come. Instead, there were little daily miracles, illuminations, matches struck unexpectedly in the dark; here was one.”
Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse, p. 161
 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...