Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Random Thought Freewrite 15 for a Wednesday Morning

8 am, and I have been awake since 5 am with very little to show for it. I am a bit down today, and I think I keep on trying to do things to pick myself up. Down is not a thing I have too often. But when I am down, the earthly person who helps me the most is George, and he has started his new job in Hillsboro. So, I do not begrudge that. He is love, love, loving it. I am so proud of him and so happy for him after five years of trudging along in jobs that really held no promise for future possibilities (although he loved every single one of them because he loves the people he works with so much) and decreasing pay.  He now has a job that he is THE only stat person, and he can create something there for other stat people too. So, I think it is a very good thing for him. It just means sacrifice for both of us, but I am up for the adventure even though it means not being able to process my "down" state with him. Usually, he would stumble out of bed at about 7 am and talk things through until he left for work.  I really like him. He truly is my best friend. Wish I could bottle what we have. Not trying to brag. It is just good, and I want it for everyone!

I am tempted by other things right now, but my fingers are sticking to these keys. Freewrites are cathartic. I was down last night, and I ate a whole pint of Haagen-Daaz. I have not done that in AGES! It was salted caramel. Never had that before. OH MY, it was good. I also talked to my best friend, Debbie. She is such a FAITHFUL woman of God! She told me what she was learning from Galatians. I like having people in my life who are in the Word. Many of the people we are around lately thrive more on feel and passion for God than disciplined time in the Word of God. I think we need a balance of both. I loved having Rachel and I studying Romans together. I think I will always need that kind of interactive study in my life. I love the Bible Book Club, but it is not discussing the results of our inductive study. My favorite study this year was when Rachel put the dye on my hair. and we discussed Romans 7 while it processed. She always comes SO PREPARED. That is so encouraging. I really want BOTH prayer and the Word, and sometimes I am weary when people do not want to study the Word and "just pray." I think we can do BOTH and even incorporate both of them in our life.  I think time in the Word leads us to pray more intelligently. Prayer as a response to the Word is my favorite way to pray anyway.

For Closure on TWO BHAGS: I have 28 more posts in the Bible Book Club, 76 more pages of Herbert's Temple, 317 pages of Go Down, Moses, 119 pages of A Treatise Concerning Religious Affections, all of Herbert's Selected Essays, Prayer, and all of Fear and Trembling by Kierkegaard.  

I am now done with this freewrite 15 too! No proofreading.

Addition a couple hours later:
When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives my brothers, don’t resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends! Realise that they come to test your faith and to produce in you the quality of endurance. But let the process go on until that endurance is fully developed, and you will find you have become men of mature character with the right sort of independence. (James 1:2-4)

My friend on Facebook said, "You have super endurance," and then I got to do James for Bible Book Club. I do not think I have much endurance today.

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...