Thursday, October 18, 2012

Well-Tuned Strength

I am back to no low-level tightness and pain in my back. I think that what was happening was before my tendon guillotine in November 2009, I had built up such a base level of strength that I could always lift and not be injured. Since that time, I had gotten to a base building block, but I needed to add another building block on top of that before going back to a regular weight lifting program. The trainers at Timberhill just are not medical people, and they didn't know what was going on in my body each time they would give impossible programs for me. 

Now I am in that intermediate strengthening stage with these PT trunk stability exercises and SLOWLY adding very light weights. I cannot believe how comfortable I feel. I forgot what it was like to have no low-level pain. I am so peaceful right now and grateful. 

I wish I had done this program many months ago. I think the trainers did more harm than good. I will probably not go back there and do all my lifting at home with our own equipment. The only thing will be if I start training for a triathlon again, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I can only say that I am so thankful. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...