Monday, October 08, 2012

Monday Morning Fifteen Freewrite

Well-Watered Soul

Loved this morning so far. I have found a mellow praise music channel on Pandora. So, I had a lovely 5:20 am worship time as I made my chai tea this morning. Then, I prayed through Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship. I always come back to this. Yesterday was a spontaneous prayer time around the block. I came to church and found that God had answered several prayers already!

Later that day, I rode my bike and prayed through the heart of downtown.


Jeremiah 29:7 (NASB95)
7 ‘Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare.’
New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995. LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation

This is my application from Bible Study this week, to pray for the Corvallis' welfare. I also wanted to pray for opportunities, but there were none that came up; but there may be some day soon. I will pray with Abi for her apartment complex later this morning. 

I have been in Acts for over a month, but I think I am going to go to Romans for a while, at least to Romans 8. I have not ever had the opportunity to finish that in-depth Bible Study, and since I have a big lead time in the Bible Book Club, it will be fun to go forward in my Romans study even though Kim and Rachel cannot join me this year. Lord, would you allow me to make a foundational Romans study that is a bit deeper than the ones we have been doing with DBS. DBS is great for new believers, and I love how there is much more application, but I would love people to learn to go deeper in Your Word. Your will be done in that. 

The last couple of months have been more prayer and presence as I go through my day than Bible study, Bible Book Club. Loving You among the pots and pans, Lord! Maybe Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence should be our next book!  Or Letters by a Modern Mystic.  Lord, lead us in that too!


Well-Educated Mind

Five more books, but I am almost done with one of the five, All the King's Men.  Now that I am finished with my photo goal (at least until the next big sale). I can concentrate on finishing that goal before the end of the year.

Well-Adjusted Heart

A person told me about how the person who blew up at me two years ago slandered me to her, but she knew it was not true because that person dislikes everyone. It did not crush me, but it made me very sad for her and reignited a critical spirit toward her. I am praying for her rather than judging her this week. The good news is that it has been 2 years and 4 months since I have had anything like this happen. I have heard twice over the last year how she has slandered me, but it has not hurt me. That is progress. It was wise to get out of her "line of fire." She always needs someone to criticize.

Well-Tuned Strength

I took a three month medical leave from the club (until December 21). I am seeing a Physical Therapist who is designing a safe weight program for me. The trainers/instructors at the club did not have safe programs for my particular problems. Logan is starting me off with trunk stability exercises and addressing the right side weakness.  Also, he is addressing my exceptionally tight hamstrings. This leads to many back pulls.

In addition, I am doing a massage two times this October. Then, I will go to once a month. This is what seems to be a spendy extravagance, but the doctor recommended that I do so.

I also took a long bike ride yesterday, and I had no problems. I also felt great. I have been mostly walking (and doing the elliptical until I left the club).

I think I will go back to doing the FIRM and quit the club all together. I loved it for many years, but going there has become more of a chore than a delight. I can go to Dixon for half the price and join on a quarterly basis. I just don't use Timberhill that much in the summer time. It will save me to do so.

Well, my fifteen minutes was up a while ago. On to Romans!

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...