Wednesday, October 17, 2012

52 in 52 Week 42: Soldier's Heart by Gary Paulsen

File:Paulsen - Soldier's Heart Coverart.jpgMy family listened to this short book on the way to Gettysburg in July, but I forgot to review it here! I am sticking it in the Week 42 "War and Pestilence" novels. How appropriate that I would remember it right now. 

It is short and to the point, but it helps one get a young man's perspective on war and its costs.  It was excellent. It is based on a true story of a 15 year old who enlists in the Civil War. 

It is written for a younger age, but I had a high school literature teacher recommend it to me. I was not disappointed. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...