Sunday, March 04, 2012

52 in 52 Week 10: The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare

ShrewKatePetrucio
By Smatprt (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons

Now I know where the title for the musical "Kiss Me, Kate" comes from! I vaguely remember Elizabeth Taylor screaming in the movie version that came out when I was eight years old. (I wish my library had it. I really want to see it now.)

This is a very sexist play, but it is all in fun. The characters are sort of confusing, and it made it really confusing when librivox had women being men AGAIN! UGH! But I found it in my library with the Arkangel audio series, and I may just listen to it again.

Fun!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...