Sunday, March 04, 2012

52 in 52 Week 10: King Henry IV, Part 1 by William Shakespeare

My favorite audio drama people (www.naxosaudiobboks.com) have not done a recording of this. The digital library just had an abridged version. So, I settled for the FREE www.librivox.org recording, but sometimes they cast women as men, and some voices are clearer and better than others. So, I got this bright idea to go to my library and see if they had them on CD. 
Henry IV, Part One (Arkangel Shakespeare) (Pt. 1)
BINGO!

They had the COMPLETE plays, and they are all beautiful renditions. Too bad I had listened to all of this play and The Taming of the Shrew before I realized that they might have them!

This made me want to listen to Part II. I love the history I am learning from Shakepeare!  


No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...